It's November 7, that means you have 16 days to prep for Thanksgiving festivities, which also just happens to be my favorite holiday of the year. We have pulled together a budget friendly, easy to find guide to setting a lovely Thanksgiving table. And in true C&M fashion it is simple with a mix of modern & antique styling. The pieces we have selected would look good on any type of table, whether it be wood, marble or even a table as bold as concrete.
1. The Maison Dinner Plate Settings from Crate & Barrel are the perfect staple for any home. They are simple and clean, can be paired with both masculine and feminine, & look good enough for special occasions but can easily be used for daily use!
2. Crate & Barrel's Peak Glasses pair well with the Maison dinner plates. Their individual simplicity compliments each other well.
3. The Gilded Rim Stemless Glass from Anthropologie is an easy way to add a touch of color (we gravitate towards the pink - that being part of our brand and all) and a touch of gold.
4. Simple napkins from CB2 keep the table casual and practical. We used their Natural Linen Napkins with their simple elegance in mind.
5. It's never a bad idea to pick up a new set of flat ware for the holidays. These sets can be unique statement pieces and they feel special since you only bring them out a few times a year. We selected CB2's Shiny Copper Flatware as an inexpensive added warm glow to your table.
6. As frequent entertainers we have found that having a pitcher of water on the table is always an easy solution to allow the host &/or hostess to stay in the conversation instead of continually filling water glasses. Pick up this cheeky Hobnob Pitcher from Anthropologie which adds an antique flair to a modern table.
7. Fill your table with colorful food and let it shine on these simple Italian White Ceramic Platters from Crate & Barrel. They come in an assortment of sizes to work with every dish!
8. Flowers are a must have at every family affair for us. Instead of the usual stuffy arrangement try filling these Bulle Glass Tapered Vases with single show stopping flowers.
9. There is no better time than the holidays to put a little sparkle on your table which is why we have chosen the Golden Hour Runner as the centerpiece of our Thanksgiving table this year.
To finish off your table, fill it with an abundance of tea lights in simple votives (like this one) to serve as your main source of light. This will help create an intimate setting that your friends will want to recreate. Once your table is complete, sit down and stuff your face with turkey and pumpkin pie while enjoying the company of your friends in family.
Happy Turkey day from C&M.