We all have those days, weeks, or months that seem to consist of an endless battle between our personal lives and our professional lives. There never seems to be enough time in the day to accomplish everything on the 'to do' list. It's a common problem that most everyone struggles with at some point and can become incredibly stressful at times. Managing stress is a major challenge, and unfortunately there is not one solution or remedy to fix it. Channing and I commonly discuss ways that we, as young entrepreneurial women, can find ways to build our business and thrive in the professional world while living successful personal lives at the same time. We wanted to share with our readers some ways that we find successful in perfecting the work | life balance.
- Know what's the most important
- One of our pacts as a firm is to always put family first. No matter how crazy the day, how slammed you are with a never ending stack of papers, or how invested you are in a certain project, family is always the most important thing. Period.
- Take time for yourself
- I think we can all agree that if we don't get that time for ourselves to go to the spa, take a walk, grab a coffee, or whatever it may be, that we begin to mentally shut down. Maybe it has something to do with being in the creative industry, but we have to nuture our brains and bodies if we want to provide the best work to our clients.
- Do something you're passionate about
- If you're not passionate about what you're doing day to day, it may be time to take a step back and think about your personal goals. Having a job that doesn't feel like you're wasting your precious time is incredibly fulfilling and satisfying. Stress begins to melt away once you begin doing what you love!
We aren't perfect here at the C&M studio, but we sure do strive to being happy and healthy people, in the office and at home. Check out some of C&M's personal photos to see that we too, have personal sides in this creative world we live in!